Archive for Blender internal render engine
Welcome to my number 100 post on Blendermama!
I have started this blog in 2009 so maybe 100 is not that large a number for the given period. I had first met Blender a long time ago (almost 10 years actually) but the “mama” part was added that year. I have made some stops on the way, stumbled a bit over the 2.5 threshold, promised stuff then didn’t make time to deliver it. The Blender world and archviz industry are both moving fast around me and I feel it’s a tough task to keep a blog afloat and interesting on this subjects on a mum-working-from-home schedule.
But I am very pleased. Blendermama is my pet project and pressing “publish” on my 100th post will put a big smile on my face! Working with Blender and connecting with the Blender community is important to me.
I tripped over a nasty messy stuff on this new project I’m working on. I’m setting up an aerial view of an urban proposal and have some simple geometry with lots of instancing.
Inspired by some cool tutorials on postporcessing archviz illustration styles, I tried my hand at using Blender’s Compositor for creating this type of image. The original tutorial used Sketchup+Photoshop and this I think would be easy to recreate with Blender+ps or Gimp, but I took the challenge to mix it all in the Compositor.
Over the weekend I had a little time and suddenly decided to patch up and embellish a simple model I had made some time ago to illustrate a post on the solidify modifier. I had it in the gallery and it was a bit of an eyesore, hope it looks better now.
It is not a real design so don’t look too far into its architecture (or I’d rather say… please don’t!), I didn’t bother much with the measurements… it just grew there…