Compositing a Graphic look

By · on February 22, 2012 · Comments (7)

Inspired by some cool tutorials on postporcessing archviz illustration styles, I tried my hand at using Blender’s Compositor for creating this type of image. The original tutorial used Sketchup+Photoshop and this I think would be easy to recreate with Blender+ps or Gimp, but I took the challenge to mix it all in the Compositor.
Read More→


Line drawing in Blender

By · on February 20, 2012 · Comments (3)

Today I just felt like doing something else and the last scene I blended seemed suitable for an orthographic edge render.
Read More→


Weekend special – exterior rendering

By · on February 19, 2012 · Comments (0)

Over the weekend I had a little time and suddenly decided to patch up and embellish a simple model I had made some time ago to illustrate a post on the solidify modifier. I had it in the gallery and it was a bit of an eyesore, hope it looks better now.

It is not a real design so don’t look too far into its architecture (or I’d rather say… please don’t!), I didn’t bother much with the measurements… it just grew there…

Read More→


Precision work in Blender

By · on February 17, 2012 · Comments (28)

Without pretending to be a cad drafting tool, Blender has more precision functions than people usually believe. Everything can be built with the greatest accuracy. I really value this and it was a decisive point when switching to Blender as my full time modelling and visualising tool.
Read More→

Comments (28)

…in between projects

By · on February 14, 2012 · Comments (3)

I have happily finished my current project so I have some time now to finish a nice new post for the “how to” section. I’m even looking up html syntax to make nice links inside the post! I’m showing just a bit of wireframe so you know it was a “dense” week 🙂 Just needed to say, Blender and BI didn’t let me down. Can’t wait to get on to the new 2.62 release this week!

There were a lot of multiplying modules in this one, so I used a lot of arrays and instances (alt+D). It wasn’t so bad but I kept feeling there should be a better way for doing this. The arrays are good but too rigid,  the repetitions had voids here and there so I had to stop the array and make a new one. I want now to experiment with dupliverts, but after my first tests today.. at first I liked them and then I realised maybe I wasn’t getting much more from it than from just instancing. I’ll have to test some more, should try to make a personal project around this. I also remember seeing a post some time ago about an improved array modifier but can’t find it right now…


Comments (3)